Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Ricky Skaggs

Ricky Skaggs and Kentucky Thunder will be in concert here in Greensboro at 8 p.m. on Saturday, September 23. If you want to hear traditional bluegrass done well, Skaggs & company are the group to hear.

Alas, I don’t think I know anyone who is willing to pay the $30 ticket price and is a big enough bluegrass fan to go. Sadly, bluegrass is something I enjoy mostly alone (you may weep tears at this point, if you feel compelled). I haven’t decided if I’m willing to go by myself. So if you want to go to the concert, and don’t have anyone to go with, and aren’t a young woman recovering from a recently-ended longstanding relationship, give me a call.

Oh yeah, the concert is also the day before my 33rd birthday. What’s better than a little birthday bluegrass? Nothing, I say.

No comments: